Who can participate?
Anyone with a garden, large or small. Even a container garden can serve pollinators.
How can a gardener participate?
First, plant a garden that provides pollen and nectar sources.
Then, register your garden through the Pollinator Partnership:
What do you need to know and do to succeed at pollinator gardening?
1. Use plants that provide pollen and nectar.
2. Provide a water source, such as a small water garden or bird bath.
3. Situate your pollinator garden in a sunny site with a wind break.
4. Have plants that bloom continuously throughout the season.
5. Do not use pesticides near your pollinator plants.
How can I find out what to plant?
Go to www.pollinator.org/guides.htm and click on “planting guides.”
When you enter your 5-digit zipcode, you will be able to access a planting guide
for your location.